MISSION AND VISION: SHARING GOD’S UNCHANGING LOVE IN AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD.
St. John’s Youth Fellowship (JYF) is a cool hangout for Christian young adults, youth and teens to come build quality relationships, have fun, share problems and dig into God’s word together!
Our mission is to reach out to the unreached people with the love and truth that God has revealed in Jesus Christ.
In an ever-changing world, JYF’s vision is to remain faithful to the unchanging message of the Gospel and to present it powerfully in the power of the Holy Spirit.
We are trying to build a youth group who would in turn be a blessing to the people around them. In order to achieve our vision we are having regular youth meetings, initiates youth retreats and seminars, so that the youth grow spiritually in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Youth fellowship at St.John’s Church started in 1970. It was first called ‘Young People’s Fellowship (YPF). Our activities involve, helping the poor like buying ration for widows in widow’s home, visiting the sick of our Church congregation, donating the offering collected during carol singing to some good cause.
Our other activities involved, having weekly meetings, in which we had guest speakers coming to deliver God’s message, had quizzes, games etc. We also used to invite other church youth members so as to know their activities and to have a good interaction.
Curently we have a small group of youth who meet every Sunday to praise and worship; “God said wherever two or three people gather in my name my presence will be there” Yes! Indeed. We have our Pastor who is leading us in Bible Study and teaching us God’s Word. We also invite young preachers from Youth For Christ (YFC) who bring powerful and inspiring messages from God’s Word. God’s Word is the source of our strength and it enables us to live a true Christian life amidst all the temptations and sufferings of this world. It is indeed a wonderful experience in digging into God’s Word, which is the light to our path
Our youth are very actively involved in Carol singing, going from house to house singing and announcing the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We are planning to come up with new programs for the youth like Coffee House so as to provide some fellowship and discuss issues closest to them and bring Christ more into their lives.
- Encourage the youth to participate in outreach programs like visiting old aged homes, orphanages, home for the Challenged etc.,
- Participate in the Sunday Evening service.
- Active participation in youth ministries and youth programs in our Medak Diocese
- Inviting other Church youth groups for one day/fellowship/retreat to our church.
- Fasting prayers.
- Volunteering and coordinationg in youth festivals and revival meetings.