“From Darkness Lead Us Unto Light”
As a Christian College St John’s Aims at imparting sound learning, building of character and spreading of spiritual truth. In order that University Education may be of the greatest value to the students and to the society we believe that all the training and the instruction in college should have a sound moral and spiritual basis. This College, therefore, imparts Moral Instruction to all its students and to those non-Christian students who express a desire to receive it.COLLEGE CREST
The College Crest consists of a shield and a book flanked by the College Motto inscribed on a scroll. The focal point of the Crest is the Cross radiating light and dispelling darkness, symbolizing the fact that Christ brings into the human heart spiritual and moral enlightment and dispels the darkness of sin and evil. This is what St John’s as a Christian College primarily stands for. The book represents knowledge, both intellectual and spiritual, whose function, as the motto puts it, is to radiate the light of learning and dispel the darkness of ignorance. The eagle on the top of the shield is symbolic of St John after whom the College is named.
The College colours are Red and white. Red signifies sacrifice and service, and white signifies purity, honour and integrity.
St.Johns college, established on the strong foundations of the love of christ and the faithfulness of its founders seeks to lead the learners of this institution from the darkness of ignorance in to the light of knowledge and wisdom with a definitive focus on steady academic development and achivements.
Leading the students of this institution from the darkness of ignorance into the light of knowledge and wisdom with a definitive focus on steady academic achievementsMISSION
• Facilitating learning and acquisition of knowledge with the aid of modern technology and other available resources
• Building character and personality with a strong moral and spiritual basis
• Strengthening teaching and learning skills and maintaining a conducive academic ambience
• Creating societal responsibility and global consciousness through various extramural activities
• Enunciating and ensuring a qualitative culture
• Providing comprehensive adaptability to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders
• Encouraging the faculty to identify new areas of knowledge and to update teaching and learning process
• Creating research segments and training programmes to enhance quality in learning
• Motivating the students towards participatory learning
• Striving to achieve cent per cent results